Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love Molly

 
My mood for creating art with hearts didn't end. I recalled how when I was very young I had created collage pictures using nothing but heart shapes cut from construction paper. Mom had introduced it to me, and I remember making a cat and butterfly.

To this day I find that technique charming, and set out to try it again on the computer. The main thing that came to mind was to create a vintage lady using nothing but heart shapes selected from multiple textures.
 
My results gave me Molly, the first of a possible series of paper dolls created from heart shapes. Molly has a nude form, as shown on the right, so I can create different clothes for her. But of course she was added to a card as well, wearing her exotic heart curve outfit for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment