Thursday, January 5, 2017

Ella's Chandelier

(Mini, light up chandelier ornament found at Tuesday Morning on Jan. 3, 2017)
 
During a shopping spree at Tuesday Morning on the third, I found this cute little chandelier ornament with a random changing LED light that can be turned on and off. It's like one of those little battery operated tea candles, only fancy.
I knew I would use it as a prop in my photography for dolls and other figurines, so it got tossed in with the rest of the goodies I found.

I wanted to use it in scenes involving grand manor rooms, opera houses, and castles.
 
(Jan. 5, 2017)
 
On the fifth I took some pictures of Ella with the new chandelier. I pulled out the castle book room prop, which I've yet to make a post about even though I made it ages ago.

I found that angling the camera correctly can hide the fact the room is a bit short for a Monster/ Ever After High Doll, or any doll near the same height as Barbie. I need to try out 12 by 12 settings sometime, instead of 8.5 x 11''.
I played with a basic setting, and also went for dreamy settings in each of these images of Ella admiring the lamp, after she hung it from the ballroom ceiling. 
 
During the color changing cycle of the lamp, I got it when it turned blue, to match the theme of Cinderella.
 
Here's a full room view, normal and dreamy (dreamy on the right).
 
I also played with dreamy portrait settings, finding the cropped and framed versions of Ella in these pictures seem great for a fairy tale princess album. My favorite is the right version, which I named, "Mirror mirror".
And I played with a fairy tale book cover idea. A story about the crystal lamp may be a future possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment