Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pizza Planet Collage Sketches


As mentioned on the post ( Pizza Planet Collages)  I planned on making sketches of the pizza planet collage collection, and now I have. I'm now showing what I can see in the collage pieces as an illustration, and have made painted interpretations of them so you can see what I see. 

Each collage has been placed with the sketch for comparison. 
 
 "Out of this world pizza" (Dec. 23, 2016). 
It's still an odd one, but here's the moons and mother ship in a celestial setting with space dust and stars.
 (Dec. 25, 2016)
The Star Port I.D. is kind of a given, but I did a digital version just because. As an actual badge it would have metallic lettering and a gloss finish. The badge would be used to access space port travel ships and other space port devices.

 
The Electric Live poster was a scrap collage, but the little disco diva robot inspired me to create a design based off of it.
 (Dec. 19, 2016)
I made a base sketch of her pose (left), and then after awhile got a full poster of the Disco Diva robot.
(Dec. 19, 2016)
Culin Cliff is such a tiny collage that it may be kind of hard to tell what it is. That's why I made a quick painting of the man raising his arms at the top of the cliff among the cactus and his waving flag.
 
The Pineapple Pizza Space Cruiser is a hard one to identify if you don't know what you're looking at. To help with this I made a display page of the ship.
 (Dec. 19, 2016)
Everything is labeled like a book page, and hopefully helps viewers' imagination when they look at the actual collage of it. 
Again, I did make base sketches for some of my drawings (right).

 
For the "Sriracha Sunset" picture, I didn't do a full sketch over of it since most of it seems to speak for itself, But I did go ahead and make some drawings based off the clothes of the woman and the one man ship in the background.
(Dec. 25, 2016) (Dec. 20, 2016)
I was actually kind of surprised by how well the colors and design of the woman's clothes came together, both with and without a cape.
 As for the space pod, I made a basic page of it, and its workings. It's kind of self explanatory.
Here comes a fun one, though the collage versions of the Sriarlectri birds are obviously birds, I wanted to make a few pages that go more in depth on this bird species.
(Dec. 18, 2016)
I aimed to make the pages like a science journal explaining things about the birds. I also had fun mimicking the actual colors of the collage pieces and making sense of them.

Just for fun, here's the base sketches of the birds. 

A bit of trivia is that all the paintings of the collage pieces were inspired by the collage pieces themselves, everything from shape to color was derived from the original version. These ideas came to mind after I finished making the random collage series.











 
 
In the Culinary Moon image, I decided to take the same approach as I did for the Sriracha Sunset picture. Most of it seems to make enough sense to identify what you're looking at, but I wanted to display a more detailed collection of the clothing the woman is wearing.
 (Dec. 24, 2016)
I got this whole set of different options on what her gown can look like, and included versions of it with no belt, and a cape. I made the panel of different options to show how many styles can come from a single base design.
(Dec. 18, 2016)
Finally, I made a basic sketch of the pitcher from the Shroom Juice ATC. I liked the design of the pitcher and think it would be fun to have one in real life, something made of metal with a glass or acrylic orb held within.

No comments:

Post a Comment