Thursday, December 22, 2016

Black Swan Outfit Design

 
Today's painting experiment turned into a picture of beauty. I had opened Corel Painter essentials to experiment with the blending tools, but found myself also exploring the brushes. A little experimentation later I had a dress, and then I worked on a form.

I call this Black Swan, the name specifically having to do with the gown. I challenged myself to make nice looking skin in Corel Paint, found it was tricky. After getting my black haired beauty, I gave her an outline and also a version of her dress with a hat.
The hat was a result of brush experiments, my strokes accidentally turning into what looked like a feathered hat.

I aimed for a Nouveau like style with an advertisement setting in mind. I ended up experimenting with that idea and got a concept box cover for expensive mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment