Thursday, September 24, 2015

Felted Racoon

 Photography taken by me. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk about this sweet felted racoon crafted by my sister as a gift for a family member. The first experiment with felting was a sheep, this racoon being the second try. Watching my sister make the wire structure, dab wax on the little fingers, wrap wool, poke it with a needle, and work for at least ten hours on this sculpted fuzz ball tempts me to one day try a felted animal myself, possibly a rabbit.
 Back view, he's got a cute little tail, the structure minimally posable. 


 I did make sure to get side views. The critter was hard to keep standing, got a little balance problem, but I managed.

 And to the right is his other side, seeming to look curious from this angle.

Next possible woodland animal to be made may be a fox.



No comments:

Post a Comment