Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Just One Bite

A single face on a flier card kicked my inspiration up. A twist on Snow White just for fun. the woman's face just made me think of her.

"Just one bite, my dear, and you get a wish." says the witch. "You don't say? Just one bite?" Snow White says in surprise, hiding her utter horror at the face beneath the cloak. "This woman needs a makeover." Snow white thinks to herself, wondering why the old witch won't leave her alone. "Say, I have wish, yeah....I wish you'd go away." she says snidely, turning her back and running off to tell the seven men about a creepy sales woman.

Okay, so that's just one of the things that comes to mind when I look at her expression, especially because her style is vintage thrown into old fashion storybook style.

Background, capes, and apple are scrapbook paper. Lines and details done with black marker and white jell pen. Face and hand are flier images, apple is coated in transparent emboss for shine.
I had trouble deciding how the hand should be. Couldn't tell if I should cover the green lines or not and decided to keep them shown, looking at it as some kind of magic glowing around the witch's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment