Thursday, March 12, 2015

Burger Place-collage

Back into collage, this idea has been swirling around in my head for over a week, all inspired off a giant burger image. I think it would be cool if burger places looked like the food you're ordering.

Most fast food places are located in cities, so that's the theme I went for, using scrap paper from a bad scan print for the pavement. Scrapbook paper was used for the sky, sidewalks, chimney stack,and trash can in the image; clouds and shading were done with pastels. Gel pen and black marker were used to make lines, light shine; background details like the cars, birds, and light poles, parking space lines, and litter in the trash can and on the pavement. The rest was made from flier images; the burger, door made from a cell phone pic, and BK symbol were all from the same ad. The windows of the store were once LCD tv screens that I added lines and shine to.

I had fun making this, hopefully I can make more fun collage pieces in the near future, till then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment