Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pun Cards- glasses, pencils, pounds

 Been on the card making train, and what better place to start than by making cards of some puns I've had scribbled here and there in my desk notebooks for a few years, begging to be displayed in art.

The first one above is a play on words stated one night while my brother looked at the stars and adjusted his glasses. Suddenly the connection of a magnificent sight combined with magnification of glasses resulted in me playfully saying magnifisights.

Okay, so it's cheesy, even the bad puns are worth recording though, right? Seeing I enjoy advertisements, especially faux ones, that's the style I went for.
I used images from the Graphics Fairy, and wrote in my quote with Rosewood std font.
 Ah yes, that moment of imagination when the artsy side of pencil softness names gets thrown in with Shakespeare. You know how the one softness of pencil is 2B? Well couldn't help myself, and thought of what happens if you go pencil shopping with Shakespeare.

Again, the card consists of images from Graphics Fairy, the body from Google images, and the pencil hand drawn by me. Once more I went for an old fashion advertisement style.
This money pun postcard came out pretty fun I think. It's unfortunate the Graphics Fairy had no clip art of Big Ben, so I found an old image of it on Google images and scuffed up the edges to make it look worn. I also took a picture of the British flag and rippled it, then finished off the postcard look with a stamp image from Graphics Fairy.

I was unsure if the image did my quote justice, but I do like it anyway. Sometime I might make a second version to hold the quote and make it part of the pun card series.

I've been in the mood to try my hand at making my own cards, graphic designs, paper products, and themes for my own journals that will last always. These three cards are the first step to that concept, and gave me room to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment