Saturday, August 2, 2014

Novelty Bionicle Belt designs

I've been playing around more with the elemental symbols from the Bionicle series. I find the more I work with them, the more ideas I get. Now that I've made a gift box and book design for the air symbol, I felt like trying for novelty nerd based accessories, and designed these elemental belts.

Each symbol would be metal and strung together by a type of chain with a clip on the end. I went ahead and made two types, one for girls, and one for guys. The only difference between the two is that the girl one is made of circular loop chain, a choice made to pick up on the theme of Matoran writing, and each symbol is coordinated with colored beads that signify the element they're next to. 
The guy version has no colored beads, and is strung with a masculine chain, all silver and metal (more like a purely protodermis based belt if you want to get geeky about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment