Saturday, December 7, 2013

Snow Bird Card

Gold Snow Bird
 Last year I made these two snow bird cards (Second try above, first try below). The idea started after I did some stamping experiments on different kinds of paper. 
I discovered that embossing on photo paper leads to very smooth results, and is great for sparkly projects like the white snow bird below.
White Snow Bird
The white snow bird was my first try, and the card came out prettier than I expected. I gave this card to my mom for Christmas; and decided to make a video, using my second set of experimental stamping (meaning I already had a gold and a white bird stamped on two different papers). 


 To the left is a close up to show the sparkle of the white snow bird card. That blue color you see isn't actually an ink color, but the color of the embossing glue; which to my surprise worked well with the clear sparkle embossing powder.

I also embossed the silver designs on the edges. Both stamps I do believe were made by the Inkadinkado company.

Materials used For gold bird card: 
 scrapbook sky paper, regular white paper, photo paper, bird stamp, gold ink and embossing powder, translucent jelly roll sparkle pen, snowflake stickers, razor pen, glue, brayer, cutting mat.

I love both the cards, gold and white; though I will say the white version looks better in person than on the computer.


  And now, here's the video (below) for you to enjoy. Have fun giving this idea a try, and be creative with whatever you have on hand. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment