Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Featured Artist of Jennibellie Studio TAT

Yes, that's right, I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and participated in TAT of Jenibellie's blog. Here's the TAT from today, featuring me ^_^ http://jennibelliestudio.blogspot.com/2012/12/tell-all-tuesday-featured-artist_11.html

Being that this is a first for me, to even make myself known on someone elses blog, makes me feel rather awkward. When I wrote out my interview last week, I wasn't feeling well, and therefore feel I didn't do as good of job as I could have in explaining myself as an artists. I made it quite brief, nothing fancy, nothing too poetic either.... just wrote the only things that came to mind for this interview. To be honest, I did the interview to challenge myself, even went bold and revealed my age.. but I figure that doesn't matter, I'm still an artist in some way, regardless of how old I am.

One thing I do want to make clear though, because my featured post isn't the clearest; I (DO NOT) consider myself a great artist, and am making that clear in case I came across as sounding confident in the interview. I'm not confident, and I'm not usually bold either, but I figure at some point if I don't take a few risks, I'm never going to get myself out the door of possibility. 

Thanks to Jenny, I've tried putting my interest in journal making a little more, that's a plus. I've also been watching Jenny's TAT option from the very day she invented it, and have considered trying it from the very beginning. To top this all off, Jenny was the very first blog follower on my blog, and therefore I feel quite happy to participate as a featured artist on her blog.

Here's a thank you to Jenny, for being creative and care free in her art and in sharing with the artsy, internet community; encouraging even the quiet and somewhat fearful artists such as myself, to give it their best shot and stick their head out the door. ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gretchen, I think you did marvelous in your interview =) ~ and just so you know I don't think any of us feel that confident in our art or online precise either. The trick is to do it anyway, because it's only by doing that that confidence can be gained! Good for you for having the courage to stick your head out the door lol much love JB xx

    ReplyDelete