Sunday, July 1, 2012

An added detail to a past post

 For those of you who have been following my blog for a year, you would recognize this image from a post I did back in August of 2011, where I gave detail on the making of this image, see here http://pearllightstudio.blogspot.com/2011/08/magical-light-of-summer-night.html

Lightning bugs have always been a magical part of summer evenings in my younger years; and for this years summer, I may make a few more lightning bug pictures, and group them as a series.
There may be a few I'll add to a journal or something, or I may just group them like I said.

Something that was completely enchanting was when we drove through the country roads of Ohio a few weeks back. If you looked across the grain and grass filled fields, you could see clusters of lightning bugs everywhere. During those moments, my mind went back to a few old memories of when I use to collect lightning bugs, and the time I spent with friends much loved..... 

I'm sure there are others out there who share a similar story to summer memories, and magical moments of lightning bug filled nights; and if you want, you could share your story on my site, as long as it's decent. 

Want to know the truth, I love anything that glitters or sparkles, living or not. ;D
I've decided to re-post the image, since it's so magical and pretty, and I left out an interesting behind the scenes extra that wasn't added to my old post; that would be that the image glows in the dark here and there (see below)
 I used glow in the dark paint to pull off this little extra, that can only be seen in the evening; same time the lightning bugs come out. :)

May all you artsy bloggers have a wonderful evening. Happy art making. ^_^

P.S. if you wish to share a lightning bug story, please leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment