Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A specialty Christmas card



A very recent project I finished, is a special Christmas card for my voice teacher. It has a little inside joke behind it, but before I get into that, here are a few details on the making:

All of this was done digitally, all I had to do was get the perfect picture taken of my head. I added the sails and poles to the ships, and gave the picture a cloud background; then added my head and drew in the wind swirls. After all was complete I added the phrase, "I saw three ships come sailing in on Christmas day."  And inside the finished card added my catch phrase, "But my heavy breathing blew them away."  That's the inside joke, because I have very powerful lungs according to my teacher, and can keep going and going.


In case you're curious, here is what I though about using for wind, but after looking at it for awhile, I realized it just didn't work as well, so I went with the other image. I can say I had fun making this card, and digital art has become a very strong part of my style these days.

Happy viewing, hope you enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment