Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Illustration Friday "Separated"

 Two best friends, once were together, now are separated by a screen. Their connection is only kept through the computer world, never getting to touch each other, barely getting to see each other.

This picture was an idea I've had for a long time, but I didn't push myself to make one till now.
What drove me to make this picture? Well, it's connected to a true story, my story to be precise. The girl on the right is me, and the girl on the left is my best friend, Olivia.

I've been in an art rut lately; I haven't been in the mood to do anything too complex, which is why the the drawings are quick and squiggly. To speed things up, I colored the image digitally, and added a background from my collection of digital background images.
 Here's the process, above is the colored image before I added the background, and below is the very imperfect pencil sketch.


This is the first pencil sketch I did; I tried taking a little more time on it, but soon became frustrated and went for something faster.  I was very displeased with how the left side turned out, so I tossed the picture aside and made a different one. 
I'll probably find some use for this one in the future, maybe use it in one of my books.

 I'll leave you to view, and hope you like my complete work at the top.


1 comment:

  1. This is really cool! I love the background! :D

    ReplyDelete