Monday, October 10, 2011

Scarry.......

scary......

A little picture for Halloween
 
In the attic Gretel goes
Skipping on her little toes
Suddenly she snags some web
A little spider lands on her head.
Gretel doesn't make a sound
Listen as her heart does pound
Her little hands begin to shake
Swat that spider for goodness sake.

      


     Making of:

At first this was just a little sketch I did in my purse notebook, but then I decided to make it bigger and print it out on brown paper.  


I used watercolor, pastels, and colored pencil. I love the eyes in this picture, watercolor really seems to give them a life-like feel.


I'd also like to share the inked sketch version (left), and also one that I made grayer to give it a creepier feel (right). Why I decided to use the one that was more accurate to color... just liked it better. Although, I think that the grayer image would make a pretty good October greeting card.  Maybe someday I'll try that. If you want to use the black and white sketch as a coloring sheet, please ask for my permission first. Thank you.


The poem was a last minute idea, and I'm very happy with it. Hope you enjoy this piece as much as I do. :)

1 comment: