Thursday, October 6, 2011

Illustration Friday "Hibernate"

  
It's time for the Summer fairies to hibernate and rest in their warm cocoons and chrysalis', while their Autumn sisters roam free. 


I loved making this piece and couldn't believe how rich watercolor can be on brown craft paper. The only thing I wasn't able to do with paint was her hair and skin; those were done in colored pencil.

 The inked drawing

 In the process of making this picture, I applied sacred geometry to my layout, which resulted in beautiful symmetry.  In fact ,the harvest moon was a last minute idea; I used my compass to do geometry, and then noticed the circle made a perfect background. 



This sweet little girl sleeping with her teddy was a simple, cute picture I did as a backup in case I couldn't get the main picture done for IF. It fits the part too, so I figured I'd share it along with the other one.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute idea. And the moon is gorgeous. I'm really glad you added it!

    ReplyDelete