Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 8 Big Idea Festival

Today's word is "Live".  for some reason the thing that came to mind was an ocean theme. Maybe it's because water has to do with life. Anyway, I'm not really sure what I'm going to write on the page, as usual. But I had fun creating the waves and little boat floating on top.

I find myself become sorta sluggish, considering I've done a page a day for over a week now that's probably why. 

I'm still trying to stick to one style as part of challenging myself, so I'm still sticking to embossing and colored pencil. Though sometimes the embossing doesn't always work the way I want it to; like that blob of a circle in the corner of the sea shell picture. That was actually a compass but ended up looking like a gold coin. And the words are hard to read but it says Adventure. I was going for a post card look, and added some white chalk to lighten the background for more of a paper look. And you can't really tell since the scanner doesn't pick up on it, but I added some sparkly emboss to the edges of the shell.

 So that's what I did for today's word, I'm fairly happy with how it came out, and I'm going to try and finish the next four pages to complete the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment