Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 6 Big Idea Festival

Today's word is "Nest".  Since I don't actually have a true nest of my own I thought about the artistic nest going on in the living room. As an artist my nest is made of paper, pens, and glitter. So I drew a girl sitting in a nest made of those materials, and as you can see she's waiting for a bright idea to hatch. So some eggs may just be glitter filled eggs, or possibly a representation of the imagination at work.

Whatever, it's sorta of an odd picture and a somewhat childish concept, but it worked for the word in my opinion.

At first I was going to make the nest out of actual paper scraps, but found it was easier just to draw them in. I like to think of the pens I drew as twigs and the paper as soft stuff birds use to line the nest.
For all the leaves of the page I  used part of a stamp which was actually a flower hooked to a stem and leaves. It was a bit tricky, but I got it to work.

Another interesting discovery I made while working on this project is that embossing powder works on any sticky material. It stuck to the gold gel pen of the girls bodice and melted right on. That led to me trying it on white paint pen which was used to make the glitter filling of the egg; and sure enough, it worked.  And just to add to the whole nest feel I added a feather and gem to the girl's hat.

So that is day 6, hope you like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment