Sunday, July 24, 2011

A vine held envelope and a transparent page

Now that I've mentioned about my Bind-it-All, here is what I've been up to. I've been working on add-in's for my journal, above is the pocket I finished just yesterday.

I thought about how I could add the pocket without having to glue it on the wood grain paper in the book, which led to the idea of a vine held pocket.

Here's how I did it: First I sketched out what I wanted the vines to look like, then I took a piece of green paper and folded it in half. Next I drew the vines along the fold line, then using my Bind-it-All I punched holes on the edge. After that I cut away at the drawn lines, and when I unfolded the finished piece I was amazed at how well it turned out. (Above is the final result).

After that I carefully glued the piece to the pocket, thus making it vine held.

Besides that project, I also did a transparent page. After several practice punches on a scrap sheet of paper I finally figured out how many holes I needed, and punched the edge. Then using a French curve tool, I added some swirled edges. And then I felt I should add some cut outs to add more interest; so I sketched the designs out, then carefully cut away at them with my razor pen. I punched some designs on the corner edges, unfortunately I experienced some damage, so I decided to to cover it up with some flowers. In the end it turned out fine, and goes well with the background paper in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment