Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sleeping Princess



This was the first full blown digital collage I've ever made. All the images used in the picture are from Graphics Fairy. I think that for a first try it's beautiful, and thanks to the class I took on Big Picture I found all the perfect images to play with.

The program I used is called Paint.Net , a free photo editing program similar to Photo Shop. It's a good program if you can't get Photo Shop, and works pretty well. Though it has less gadgets from what I've heard, so if you're not planning on doing extremely complex editing this program is great.

By the end of this project I had a total of eleven layers with individual images. A little color adjustment on certain elements, a final look over of my work, and I was satisfied. During the time that I made this image (Composition for collage class) I was trying to understand vignette. I experimented during that time and in the end never actually succeeded in the vignette look, at least not by my opinion, but I ended up with some unique and magical pieces.

To me this picture looks like something you'd see in an old Arabian Nights book, that may be why I like it so much. Hope you do too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment