Friday, August 13, 2010

Collage supply fedish and organization of my vast collection


Awhile back I got in the mood to organize my vast collection and assortments of collage supplies. First thing I did was go digging through my plastic bin that stays stashed under my bed, and began pulling all the saved magazine and flier papers out. By the end of my digging and laying out of papers it looked like a whirl wind had come through and scattered paper all over my bed covers.
I found an old accordion folder that I saved specifically for this purpose. I was glad it had letters labeled on its tabs so I could put different pictures in different categories.
The thing ended up being so heavy, I might say about ten pounds or so. But it actually did make life a lot easier for navigating my supplies.

And as for my more favored collage papers, I saved them in the prettier' artsy looking accordion folder.
I love this folder for it's femininity and pastely softness.

The other useful way to store my already cut out collage supplies is in a black school folder. My sister suggested plastic zipper pockets so that I could keep my papers in categories and have them at my fingertips when I need them.
With this technique of organizing collage papers it makes it allot easier to travel with your supplies. Also you can open the loops and take the pockets out for easier rummaging.
And my paper collection doesn't end there, I still have plenty filling the container kept under my bed. From years of Lego magazines to wallpapers and decorative tissue paper, even old calenders. As you can see to the right, it's my full bin that I had cleaned out and organized, and yet it still seems full to the brim with papers.
This article I decide to do for fun, and to show you my paper fedish of collage supplies. And no worries, I plan to use them up some day........hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment