Friday, July 30, 2010

A very different Alice



I did this one on the same day that I also did the butterfly.
At first this peculiar Alice that I found in a scribble was going to be something else like an Asian looking doll or an allian, which was actually the first thing I saw. But once I began working on her and I drew the hair I started seeing this strange stylized Alice in Wonderland.
This normally isn't my style of drawing, but since it was a scribble it kinda just came out this way and I went with it.
The part I like doing most was her hair and eyes. I especially like making the eyes nice and sparkly.
Doing the background was pretty simple. All I had to do was draw lines and then fill in the checkers to make that checkered floor look. Then just a touch a gray on each black block to make in have a glossy look.
The other part I had fun with was adding the makeup. And I found out that using the water marker tool in Open Canvas works great when it comes to adding blush that's not too bright yet still noticeable.
One other thing about this art style is that I seem to draw things more in this style when I'm sad. Not that when I did Alice and the butterfly it was only a day after I had said good bye to my close friend Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment